Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Spider Web "wreath" and Felt Christmas Tree

These are two holiday crafts that I have made in the past couple months.
For Halloween I made this "wreath" for our door. I took a dollar store frame, took out the glass and back and painted it. I made a web with yarn. I cut off the "ring" part of some spider rings and glued them to the web. I hung the frame on our door with ribbon. Tada!

For Christmas, I made Elijah a felt Christmas tree that he can decorate.
 I cut the felt and sewed the pieces of the tree together.
I sewed presents to the bottom of the tree (and a trunk) and decorated the ornaments.
All of the ornaments come off and since felt sticks to felt, Elijah can decorate his tree as many times as he'd like. Next year I plan to add some more things to it, since he will be older and will be able to learn to do more things (like button and zip).
The two middle presents on the tree are pockets that hold all of the ornaments when they are not in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment