Monday, November 19, 2012

Decorated Baby Food Containers and Thankful Sign

Tonight I worked on some Christmas presents. I can't divulge the whole project, but I will share part of it. I decorated baby food containers that I then put something into. The something in them is a Christmas surprise. But I will show you the decorations. It was pretty simple, but there is a tutorial picture for some super easy paper flowers. 

First I cut paper to fit on both sides and the top of the containers. These pieces of paper did get written on with the name of the something that goes in them and directions for it. 


Then I set out making my flowers and glued them on.


To make the flowers you cut out a rough circle shape (or you can make it perfect if you have the time and desire). Then you cut that circle into a spiral. Then you start in the middle of your spiral and wrap the paper around tightly. Let it loosen up a bit and then glue the end to the side of the flower. Then you're done. See, super simple!

The rest of the project will be shared later, along with my tips for how to not mess it up like I did. = )


I also made a Thankful Sign for E's first Thanksgiving. Everyone will be asked to sign their name and write something they are thankful for. 


I traced E's chubby, perfect little hand and made a turkey from it. 


 I can't wait for everyone to sign it!

Sorry the posts haven't been too exciting (and I didn't even post yesterday). I have been quite busy with family being in town and our big dinner coming up. Plus most of what I am making is gifts that can't be posted until after Christmas! I hope you are creating wonderful things of your own!  -Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment