Thursday, November 15, 2012

Snowflake Wreath and Popsicle Stick Snowflakes

For Elijah's first birthday, we are having a Winter ONEderland themed party. I am trying to do as much of it DIY as I can. I have made a couple things already.

One is a snowflake wreath (which I plan to also use for our front door for the rest of winter after his party). I bought Dollar Tree snowflake ornaments and hot glued them together and hung it with ribbon. Not hard at all. And SUPER cheap! Could it have looked better? Sure. But I rushed through it, so it is a bit sloppy. You could make yours look much more round.



The other thing I already made is popsicle stick snowflakes. You can see how big they are by comparing them to my foot in the picture. I plan to hang these behind his high chair at the party. I made them by hot gluing popsicle sticks together and painting them white. This project actually turned out to be more tedious than I originally thought. Getting the sticks to lay where you want them as you are gluing, so that they all line up, was more work than I planned for. But I am very glad I spent the time on them. I love them and think they will look great at Elijah's party!


I have plans to make a few more DIY decorations and I'm also making his invites, so there will be more posts about his Winter ONEderland in the next two months.


Go and get crafting! -Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment