Friday, November 16, 2012

Hair Accessory Frame

I'm finding it is hard around this time of year to have a blog. I am making things for family and friends, but of course, if they see my blog, they will see their gifts. And we can't have that, now can we? So, I'm trying to make some things that aren't gifts so that I have some things to post. But who has time for that when I'm busy making gifts?!? I'm trying here, people. I am.





Today, I'm going to give you a tutorial for a frame that holds the felt flower barrettes I posted before.

I took a frame from Dollar Tree (so many things you can get for $1 that you can work with). I added a piece of blue paper to the cardboard part of the frame with scrapbooking squares.








Then I hot glued three pieces of ribbon to the frame. I overlapped the ribbon, and did the gluing on the back of the glass. This made it a bit bulky, ad therefore hard to put on the back once I was finished, but I did manage to get it on there. You may want to try just gluing your ribbon to the front, but I'm not sure how that would look. I made sure to leave the ribbon a bit slack, you don't want it too tight, or you won't be able to get your hair clips on as easily. (This picture was taken later, when I took it apart to take pictures for this blog post.)


I put the whole thing together, added my clips and TADA! A frame for displaying my barrettes. I am using this frame to help save space on a table at craft fairs, but you could use it to display hair accessories in your home. You could even use it to clip important notes to if you use clothespins! Oh, the possibilities.


Okay - Get crafting! -Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment