Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Simple St. Patrick's Wreath

I have become obsessed with the idea of having a wreath on my door for everything. So, I knew I needed to make a wreath for St. Patrick's Day. It isn't anything fancy, but I think people can tell what holiday it is for (and that's the point, right?), and it was very easy to make.








I started by carving a wreath-shape out of cardboard, like in this post. I just made a simple circle wreath. I then covered the wreath in cloth strips. I cut them about an inch and a half wide and wrapped them around the cardboard, overlapping as I went. (Note: They were different lengths because of some projects I had done with the fabric before.) I attached the fabric with hot glue as I went around the wreath.









I then used hot glue to glue on the three shamrocks at the bottom of the wreath. Then I wanted one to be hanging. I wrote "LUCK" on the hanging shamrock with glue and covered it with glitter. I hot glued ribbon to the back of it (long piece folded in half, the loose ends hanging off, not connected to the shamrock), then part of the way up the ribbon, I glued the ribbon to the wreath, leaving the excess hanging off at the top. I tied a bow at the very end of the ribbon and hung it from my wreath hanger.


I bought the shamrocks at Dollar Tree. The package came with 12 shamrocks (6 dark glittery ones, 6 light plain ones).

So, if you want a St. Patrick's Day wreath on your door, but you don't have a whole lot of time to invest in it (or maybe you're not quite as crafty as the people that have made the complicated wreaths), this simple wreath may be the way to go!

Happy Crafting!  -Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment